With the onset of Coronavirus in the UK, we are in a constantly changing situation with unknown outcomes. Running a small business is rarely easy but for the majority, we are entering new and worrying territory.
The amount of information is difficult to handle so we are hoping to provide a direct link to the most up to date advice for businesses, together with details of the support that is available.
We are looking at this from various angles:
- Official government advice for business.
- Sources of useful information.
- Practical hints and tips for dealing with the crisis.
- Promotion of business offers, particularly those offering local delivery, whilst maintaining a ‘business as usual’ approach for as long as possible. Further information here: www.ilkleybid.co.uk/coronavirus-support-within-the-ls29-area
The government introduced a range of support for businesses who need financial support as a consequence of the outbreak of Coronavirus Covid-19
- Refunds for employers who have to pay Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- 100% business rates retail discount for one year expended to include hospitality and leisure sector businesses
- A new temporary business interruption loan scheme
- Consideration to extending the deadline for statutory payments through HMRC’s Time to Pay service.
- Additional funding to small businesses who pay little or no business rates through the Small Business Rate Relief scheme.
Further details on these schemes can be found on the government website, link here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
The technicalities of how to apply for some of this support has not been published yet – the budget has to follow a set process to be formally approved, once this is done more should be published about the who, how and when.
The Department of Health and Social Care will be publishing updated data on Coronavirus (Covid-19) every day at 2pm until further notice.
A link to this page is here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public