Ilkley BID have been very vocal and proactive in supporting, accessing and responding to business needs with regard to the parking changes in Ilkley in 2019.
More information can be found here: Summary of BID actions on parking scheme
To summarise The BID have requested the following amendments:
- An increase of free parking from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- An increase of the maximum 2 hour parking limit in many areas to 4 hours to allow visitors to enjoy the shopping opportunities available in the town as well as the local restaurants, cafes and bars within a single visit. This request was echoed by many of the hairdressers, opticians and dentist.
- More signage highlighting long stay parking areas.
- Provision of long stay coach parking.
- Multiple day parking, following feedback from hospitality businesses that rely on custom from weekend and long stay visitors to Ilkley
- Proposed Long Stay oon Street PD Spaces