Summary of Christmas Events
- Festive Shop Window Display Competition.
- Elf Trail Competition.
- Festive music playing throughout the town on the Sundays in December.
- Helpful Elves directing shoppers and promoting LoyalFree.
- Empty Shop Windows painted.
- Empty retail unit shop window painted as an Elfie Selfie Station.
- Promotional Elf Videos for Ilkley businesses.
- Extension of the Christmas Lights.
Interactive Elf Trails
Two Christmas Elf Trails were organised to encourage people to visit the town and explore the shops. Participants were invited to follow the interactive trails on the LoyalFree app by looking for elves hiding in business windows around the town. Prizes were donated by local businesses.
Festive Window Display
19 businesses took part in the Festive Window Display competition. Shoppers were encouraged to vote for their favourite display on on the LoyalFree app. 3 winners were given vouchers to spend at an Ilkley business of their choice.
Elf Shopping Videos
Real life Elves videos posted on Facebook and YouTube to promote festive tips and offer gift ideas from a wide range of Ilkley businesses.
Welcome Elves on the streets, helping people, directing them to shops that may be slightly off the main areas and helping to make sure people don’t gather in crowds and maintain social distancing.